Upcoming Webinar For Packaging Professionals
We are pleased to announce an upcoming webinar to be presented by Oliver Stauffer, vice president, PTI Inspection Technologies, sponsored by the Institute of Packaging Professionals.
IoPP Webinar Topic
Non-Destructive Package Testing: Driving Sustainable Operations
- Date & Time: : March 29, 2012, 10 – 11am Central Time
- Costs: IoPP members: Free
Subject matter will address the advantages and benefits of implementing a non-destructive inspection method, and will focus specifically on the issues of cost, test method (subjectivity vs. hard data), sampling, and market trends in the pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical, medical device and food industries.
"Key Learning Points/Takeaways" describing what attendees could reasonably expect to learn from hearing a presentation on this topic:
- Six Sigma Complete Package Quality Control is defined by assuring package integrity by deploying quantifiable, non-subjective and reliable test methods and using verifiable data, rather than subjective measures, to assuring the final package quality.
- Test methods that produce data that is quantifiable and repeatable.
- How to reduce cost/product waste.
- Latest developments in non-destructive package inspection technologies for food, pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
This presentation will navigate through a variety of destructive and non-destructive test methods to show how they may be best deployed and how they can provide feedback throughout the packaging process:
- Dye (ASTM F1929-98)
- Burst (ASTM F2054-07, F1140-07, F2392-04)
- Peel (ASTM F88)
- Water/Bubble Leak Test (ASTM F2096-04)
- Visual (ASTM F1886, F1886M-09) Oliver Stauffer
- Vacuum/Pressure Decay (ASTM F2338-09, F2095)
- Trace Gas/Head Space Analysis Analysis (ASTM F2227-02, F2714-08)
About Oliver Stauffer
Oliver Stauffer received his Bachelors of Science degree from the University of Michigan and completed his MBA at Georgetown University – The McDonough School of Business. He worked for several years in analytical and R & D laboratories. His expertise and focus has primarily been new technologies and test method development specific to package testing. Stauffer joined PTI in 2005 as a member of the research and development team working on non-destructive testing of blister packaging. In 2006, he joined the sales team as sales/applications engineer for PTI Inspection Systems. He held the position of International Business Development Manager for PTI through 2010, focusing on global quality solutions for package inspection that are robust, faster, cleaner, cheaper to maintain, and that reduce manufacturing waste. In 2011, he was appointed as V.P. Inspection Technologies.
PTI Inspection Systems is the leading manufacturer of non-destructive package inspection technologies for the pharmaceutical, medical device, food and container industries. We offer inspection systems for package integrity testing, seal integrity and leak testing. Our technologies exclude subjectivity from package testing, and use test methods that conform to ASTM standards. PTI Inspection systems provide repeatable, reliable results and can be incorporated into protocols at any point in the manufacturing process as they are non-destructive, non-invasive and require no sample preparation..
SOURCE: PTI Packaging and Inspection Systems